Friday, January 14, 2011

Future Fashion Finds?

Recently I have been seeing many vintage styles in street fashion and on the runway. Designers that are creating vintage designs are Phillip Lim, The Row, MulberryDries Van Noten, Derek Lam, Fenton Fallon, Burberry,  Jill Sanders, Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga, Rebecca Taylor, Alexander Wang, YSL, Ray Ban, Balmain, Michael Kors, and even Chanel! These designers are selling many fur coats, red lipsticks, pointy toes flats, goddy rings, lace, stockings....all these style that we have seen in the past are being brought up again in 2011. Many designers are taking back the culture of what we used to have, with classic styles and modernizing them into contemporary mixes of collaborative pieces. When watching the 2011 Spring/ Summer Runway shows, look for the vintage inspirations, and you'll be surprised how many times this comes up!


 Blake Lively, wore a Zuhair Murad dress from the FW 2010 RTW show in this season of Gossip Girl. In my opinion, this dress is very vintage, and with the right accessories; she looked fabulous.


Street vintage in London


Yes, designers might have some gorgeous collections with vintage, but, do not be afraid to step in to a consignment shop or thrift store. Some of the most exciting finds could be in a second-hand shops. You might not have thought about this, but antique stores have really great jewelry also. A few weeks ago I stepped into an antique store in my town and discovered a huge collection of vintage earings. The earings were between 5 and 12 dollars. I went crazy and bought at least 6 pairs. Also, here's an idea: If you find really cool vintage brooches, they can be made into necklaces! Just make sure to buy and long chain to pin the brooch on and  it will look like a really trendy pendant! Try it out!


xoxo, A...Archambault



Follow Topped off with a Red Hat
Make sure to follow Topped off with a Red Hat on Bloglovin'

16 comments:

  1. Cool post! I absolutely loved that dress on Blake Lively in GG, it looked perfect on her. And I agree with you about vintage making a comeback, especially in the S/S collections that have already been shown. There's been a huge emphasis on the 70's, which is rad. All hail the bellbottom!

    http://www.materialtherapy.blogspot.com/

    x.S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage...its been a consistent in almost every collection I´ve seen so far...the dress on the first picture is gorgeous!!

    xx
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, I've been following for a while, I usually shop vintage too, its so much cheaper so you can get twice the stuff! I love the rings the first girl in the video's wearing. and I also make brooches into necklace pendants, I'm actually wearing one in my latest outfit post!
    Bea x
    http://www.aestheticsandaudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog :) I kept forgetting to visit your blog but I'm glad I did, I'm following you now :)

    http://sogetlucky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing i love thrift stores. you never know what amazing things you can find in them!
    blake lively looks gorgeous in that dress! i was like wow this is one of her most beautiful dresses yet when i was watching that episode of gg.
    x
    thatgirlfromhk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I saw that episode. She looked absolutely amazing in that dress and it's soooo beautiful too. :)

    I love vintage ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blake makes everything look good! Her legs are insane!

    xoxo

    http://oystergirl-hairlessdog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vintage look.. I always get inspired by old fashion pieces and I also love photographing girls in vintage on the streets.
    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow i love blake lively's style and looks! that dress is beautiful on her and i agree, very vintage! love it, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. she looks divine!!!
    it's so fantastic to read your comments! i'm loving it! hope you know that k come karolina is also on bloglovin, facebook and twitter :) so cu soon!!!

    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blake's dress is gorgeous!! Glad you cancelled the order .. you can buy something else now and get it in a short time :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. this dress is beautiful, and it does have that vintage-y look. just feel for dan in this episode...;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Romantic!!! the dress looks like "Kebaya" search it on google!


    Love,
    Beny Ricardo Sadewo
    http://purple-snap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Any pics of the new shoes? And love Blake's dress although the bottom half is what I especially like!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. that dress is hot <3

    http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ check it out posted new outfit:) if you like it we can follow each other xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Blakes dress, its amazing!! You have a cool blog! Now following!! xx

    www.laceandladders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving comments! And please make sure to stop by to follow Topped off with a Red Hat on Blogspot too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...