Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Fabulous Fashion Fanatic!


Sarah from Burn the Blonde

Amanda: What does fashion mean to you? 
Sarah: Fashion is the core from which so much stems. It is fun and frivolous and people may mock its importance in life but I think Meryl Streep's character in The Devil Wears Prada sums it up perfectly when she tells her fashion-inept assistant Andy that her bargain-bin sweater is not blue, but in fact cerulean, and that it was chosen for her by the fashion industry, and not by Andy herself. It's a very clever breakdown of how fashion penetrates all of our lives in ways we don't even realise.


Amanda: How would you describe your personal style?
Sarah: My style changes constantly, I don't think I could describe it. I'm not afraid to try new things, I could be classic and preppy one day, then decked in black and leather the next. From stilettos to Ugg boots, I don't want to have to choose a particular style, I just buy pieces I love.

Amanda: What does your style say abut you?
Sarah: I want my style to reflect my passion for clothes, shoes and accessories. My outfits are well thought out and I want people to appreciate that, whether they like what I'm wearing or not.

Amanda: Who are some of your favorite designers?
Sarah: I think Marc Jacobs is at the top of his game at the moment. I also love that powerhouses such as Lanvin are collaborating with highstreet giants H&M.

Amanda: Are there any trends that you love right now?
Sarah: So many! I'm very excited about dressing up for A/W! I love (faux) fur, I just bought a gorgeous fur gilet in Zara. I also love aviator jackets and hiking boots. It's fashion born from practicality.

Amanda: What are your favorite clothing stores/websites/catalogs?
Sarah: For online shopping I love topshop.comasos.com and Queens Wardrobe. I'm a big fan of Zara and Primark too!

Amanda: Where are you from?
Sarah: I'm from Ireland but I love travelling! I went to university in France for a year and I spent the summer in New York. I'm hoping to move to the UK in the next few weeks for work!

Amanda: What are your favorite hobbies?
Sarah: Blogging is my new hobby! I also love watching movies, reading, baking, travelling and art.

Amanda: Describe yourself. What do you think about yourself and do you think people perceive you in the same way? 

Sarah: I'm a young girl trying to find her way in the world! I've just graduated from University where I studied French and English literature and now that I'm finished with uni I'm ready to face the big bad world! I'm a self-confident, social and happy person, I'm known to be constantly smiling! I'm very punctual and never settle for less than perfection. I think people have the right perception of me, I adore my friends, family and boyfriend and always like to make sure they are happy!

Amanda: Who is one celebrity that you would like to meet?
Sarah: There are so many! Number one would be 
Salvador Dali, although I don't know if he qualifies as a 'celebrity' by today's standards! I'd also love to talk to Anna Dello Russo, Anna Wintour, Leonardo Da Vinci, Marc Jacobs...the list goes on! I don't want to meet these people because they are 'celebrities', I want to meet them because they all fascinate me through their work

Amanda: What is your favorite quote?
Sarah: "
Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move, Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love." I'm a die-hard romantic and this quote from Hamlet has stayed with me since my school days *swoon*

Amanda: Do you have any goals in your life you would like to meet?
Sarah: So many, but they change as often as fashion trends do. My number one goal is to be happy and enjoy my life. So far, so good! :)


Also on Sarah's page you can see an interview that Sarah did of me at http://burntheblonde.blogspot.com/



Kinsey from In Kinsey's Closet



Amanda: How would you describe your personal style?
I would say that my personal style is feminine, romantic, and sprinkled with current trends.  I love dresses, skirts, heels, and flowy ruffles.  It is also really eclectic.  One day I'll wear a business skirt and heels and the next I'm wearing a menswear vest and riding boots.  It is ever changing.  I make a lot of mistakes and look back and wonder "What was I thinking?!?" but the fun part of style is that you get a new chance with every outfit you put on.


Amanda: What does your style say abut you?
I hope that my style says I'm not afraid to try new things.  I don't care about mixing colors that don't match or wearing a floral spring dress in the fall.  It is all about doing whatever you want, and I always have when it comes to style.


Amanda: Who are some of your favorite designers?
I find myself drawn to designers like Rebecca Taylor and Stella McCartney.  I love the beautiful feminine vibe of their clothes and especially the dresses.  My favorite dress is a Rebecca Taylor that has ruffles and florals: the epitome of feminine style!


Amanda: Are there any trends that you love right now?
Leopard print!  I am crazy for animal prints to begin with, so this trend hit me in the right spot.  I have a blouse, a skirt, a belt, and even an umbrella in the print.  It is so versatile and wearable. 

Amanda: What are your favorite clothing stores/websites/catalogs?
I love them all!  I can find beautiful pieces in most any store I walk into so I have to be careful!  I love Banana Republic for classic basics and business wear.  Target and H&M are such great places to find inexpensive versions of trends that you think might burn out soon.  I can never go wrong in a department store because they have so many great designers and brands.  I could spend an entire day in Nordstrom.

Amanda: Where are you from?
I was born and raised in Indiana.  I moved to Seattle to get my Master's degree and to be near my fiance.  It took some time getting adjusted to Seattle fashion- I didn't like it!  It's growing on me now, but I won't ever be one of those girls who has an extensive hoodie collection or wears Converse sneakers with skinny jeans.

Amanda: What are your favorite hobbies?
I love to sing.  I was in a group in college and I really miss it.  I love singing and my car is my biggest venue at this point!  I also spend way too much time taking picture of my two cats, Nuke and Uli.

Amanda: Describe your self. What do you think about yourself and do you think people perceive you in the same way?
I think of myself as a smart, funny, and cute girl.  I think that my confidence in myself and my abilities can come off the wrong way.  I've had people tell me that they are intimidated by me and it is bizarre because I don't see how.  I think I am perceived a certain way because of my style and that's okay for me.

Amanda: Who is one celebrity that you would like to meet?
I love Jessica Simpson as silly as it sounds.  She comes off like a ditz but has built this huge empire.  I love that she knew how to market and brand herself in such a way that she is worth millions and millions of dollars.  I'm sure I have helped her net worth quite a bit with my Jessica Simpson shoe addiction.  

Amanda: What is your favorite quote?
I love you -Anyone who says it!  The world can be so negative and hurtful that hearing someone say that always makes me smile.
Amanda: Do you have any goals in your life you would like to meet?
I am a therapist and I love working with my clients every day.  I would love to have my own practice and work exclusively with couples.  Becoming a female Dr. Phil wouldn't be so bad!



I've enjoying getting be become friends with Sarah and Kinsey over interviewing these two beautiful ladies over lots of emails. It has been fun and I would like to thank Burn the Blonde and In Kinsey's Closet for being apart of the Weekly Sunday post of A Fabulous Fashion Fanatic! Visit Sarah's and Kinsey's blog and show them the love by following them and viewing their phenomenal page!

If YOU would like to be apart of A Fabulous Fashion Fanatic interview post... e-mail me at amandarchambault@aol.com!


also happy Halloween eveyone!!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this interview really very nice thanks for sharing it
    can you write a post about online shoes and fashion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you share a post about footwear and fashion importance of footwear in fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fashion and shoes lover
    I was searching for a shoe shop but this blog grabbed my attention

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving comments! And please make sure to stop by to follow Topped off with a Red Hat on Blogspot too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...