Monday, November 15, 2010

A Break from the World of Fashion... and into the World of Art


Over the summer I turned an old door into a coffee table!! All it really took was a chain saw (yes I know, dangerous) and some paint remover to make this cool antique table. It took me a while to make this table and in the middle of making it,I wanted to quit. But now that I'm done, I'm glad I didn't. If I can sell it, I would be happy. Even if I don't sell it though, I still will be happy. I love it and see it as an art piece. I left the hardware on because I thought it gave it a rustic look. The legs are wrought iron. My father owns a wrought iron business where he builds gates, balconies, stair cases and other miscellaneous things. So I went down to his shop and decided to help myself to see what I could find. I found these really pretty legs that were perfect for this table. But it was a little too long for a coffee table. So I carefully used the saw machine ( If I slipped up... it would have cost me a finger ) and made it so the table was 36 inches in hight. (Which is the standard coffee table in hight )   

I know it might be a heavy price, but I want $550 for the table. Only because I want to keep it. So if you want to buy it you are going to have to fork up some cash. :) Glad you understand lol.  








12 comments:

  1. LOVE That door table so much!!!

    Kisses
    J
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's creative!! I haven't seen anything like this yet, good job!

    I'm following you! ♥

    http://norascrapbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a dope coffee table.

    windowshopz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. FASHION OVERLOAD DESERVES A BREAK!
    SUCH A COOL TABLE! LOVE IT!

    J'ADORE YOUR BLOG!
    WE'RE BLOGLOVIN' YOU --
    HOPE YOU DO THE SAME!

    XX
    ANNA T.


    thehautecommodity.blogspot.com
    thehauteshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is amazing! You're very talented - what a creation!
    x

    P.S. I'm hosting a Marc Jacobs giveaway, you can enter it here http://theblogofobsessivecoolness.blogspot.com/2010/11/marc-jacobs-giveaway.html if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is suuuuuch a good idea! love the concept.x





    http://thatsweetaurora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cool pictures :) Nice blog too! Am now following and hope you follow back :)

    opinionslave.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so so beautiful & ingenious. i love how rugged it vibes of <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving comments! And please make sure to stop by to follow Topped off with a Red Hat on Blogspot too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...